Sunday 15 July 2012

Our 93rd slice of toast - Brie and maple syrup

Brie can be purchased, as far as i've seen, from strengths 1 - 3.  It is a mild cheese after all.  I would often opt for Coeur de Lion brie, which offers a rather tempting 3 rating.  I do like a strong flavour - it's English mustard over French for me every time.  But we didn't have mustard here.  Our brie was Sainsbury's basics, showing signs of our toast adventure eating quite steadily in to our financial resources and being from the basics range, we were inevitably provided with a strength of 1.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not complaining.  Far from it in fact as I have gained much satisfaction from this cheese in the past at a price marked below the 100 pennies mark.  And with maple syrup lying on top, the cheese becomes so much more than just cheese on toast.  The sweetness of the syrup reminds one of times consuming cheese and chutney, perhaps at a picnic beneath the extended leafy branches of a tree at the park.  I wouldn't rate the syrup up there with a good English chutney.  Heck no.  Certainly not.  But the sweetness matches the cheese in a similar effect, making this a great slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment