Thursday 12 July 2012

Our 92nd slice of toast - PB & tahini

SO MANY PB SLICES!  We're not complaining though.  We're PB whores.  We paired it with tahini today.  This is basically sesame paste, made purely from sesame seeds.  It is also 1 of the main ingredients in hummus, which we also love.  So naturally, we were intrigued by this one.


We were supposed to apply the PB and tahini at a 80:20 ratio but I got a bit carried away with the tahini.  And I got a shock.  I can't quite describe the feeling I was exposed to but I can say that I didn't enjoy it.  It seemed to dry my mouth out completely.  I soon wiped the majority of tahini off the top of my toast and once reduced the slice tasted ok!  Grace couldn't really taste hers, so it seems there is a thin line between not tasting it and experiencing an unexplainable trip to hell.  If you try this, I bid thee the best of luck with your ratios.

No comments:

Post a Comment