Thursday 12 July 2012

Our 89th slice of toast - Olive oil & balsamic vinegar

Oil is certainly not just for cooking.  Especially not the extra virgin olive oil.  Save this delicate stuff for the dipping and drizzling.  I love a good olive oil/balsamic bread dip.  It has a classy feel and its delicious.  I also love prodding the ball of balsamic that sits so independently in the pool of oil.

Our choice of olive oil was a Spanish EV from home.  On purchasing many months ago, I was delightfully surprised that on removal of the lid, a thin pouring tube pops up allowing for a controlled pouring motion without the need for the thumb over the spout.  Saves on oily thumbs.  The balsamic of choice is quite common and is a relatively sweet vinegar.  On toast, both liquids soak in to the toast quite well and the slice itself tastes great.  But I have to say I prefer a good old fresh soft bread dip.

Oh and for those who think that this picture may indicate that Grace is French, she actually isn't.  But its a great bow.

This was the first picture I have taken for this blog.  The sun (shining through the window behind me) was making Grace's pictures all saturated and we don't want that.  We want you to get a nice clear view of our experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment