Monday 30 April 2012

Our 51st slice of toast - PB and blue cheese

I can't recall ever having cheese with my PB. Not even in a sandwich. Grace on the other hand has previously enjoyed cheddar with hers. So with cheese up next, I decided to push those dairy boundaries and risk the blue cheese. I did play it safe though with my choice of blue cheese. Saint Agur is delicious - not too strong and really creamy. I presumed the creamy factor would assist in the spreading. I was half right.

Grace put her trust in me here too and was not left disappointed. She was highly impressed by this mould stricken cheese from central France. Spreading took a bit of work and resulted in a less than neat result, but worked well enough. As for the PB/blue cheese compatibility, we say it works. The first bite gave me a sensation of taste confusion but from the second bite on, we were left very satisfied. Since its consumption, many a man has turned his nose up at the prospect of PB and blue cheese - don't be one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment