Monday 16 April 2012

Our 33rd slice of toast - Garlic

Garlic is amazing. It can be used in so very many dishes and even swallowed raw for an immune system boost. Of course, you could just take garlic extract capsules which don't have the smelly breath side effects! In fact, I find garlic so amazing that I get genuinely annoyed when I find that it doesn't appear under the 'popular items' section of supermarket self-service tills.

Fortunately, having this does not literally mean chunks of raw garlic on toast. As you may have already figured, I am a massive fan of garlic but i'm not sure I would enjoy that. Rather, it is a raw clove of garlic rubbed over buttered toast. I wasn't sure how much flavour we would be able to get on to the toast using this method, but we were certainly left with breath fit to cause the best of friends to vacate our vicinity. We cut the clove in half too so that we get a juicier surface unlike the outside.

This did of course mean that the flavour was all there and we were pleased with that. And yes, it probably is the same as just having garlic butter on toast, but I would imagine that people don't often have that lying around. This is quite quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment