Thursday 19 April 2012

Our 38th slice of toast - Olives and cream cheese

We finally finished our pot of Philadelphia cream cheese and what a way to go. I absolutely love olives and in return they love my skin, my cholesterol and my ticker, which I hold quite close to my chest. We went for a co-operative pack of fresh olives with feta cheese as the brilliance of olives are very much disgraced by the brine in jars. The feta was an added bonus for afterwards.

I used to hate olives, but after having to turn down an army of free fresh olives throughout the duration of a business trip in Toulouse, France, I decided it was time to get to know them. Starting with some little blacks hidden away in my Subway sandwiches, to fairly regular brined green olives each day they eventually won my heart and I now fail to see how I ever hated them. Grace on the other hand is sitting on the fence. Our friend Chris says that if you eat 10 in a row, you stop hating them. She managed 8, so continues her fence situation.

Still, she didn't find the slice all that bad and I was incredibly pleased, finishing the pot between me and Chris afterwards. If I could afford smoked salmon and olives for brunch every day, I certainly would!

No comments:

Post a Comment