Wednesday 25 April 2012

Our 44th slice of toast - Peanut butter and jelly

Peanut butter jelly time. Peanut butter jelly time. If this doesn't make sense to you, slap it in to youtube and look for a bonkers banana animation. This video was then used in a family guy episode. Again, if you haven't seen that, youtube it. That is what youtube is for after all. Enough about youtube, more about my willy. I mean toast. More about toast. Didn't make sense? Youtube willy bum bum. That actually doesn't make sense. ANYWAY...

Grace wasn't aware of the difference between jam and jelly, but there certainly is. Jam is made from crushed fruit whereas jelly is made from fruit juice. The jelly therefore becomes a more consistent and solid product than jam. Personally I prefer jam and we used this with our peanut butter instead, though 'peanut butter jam time' just doesn't work. Our PB of choice was crunchy Sunpat and our jam was the last of my delicious Wilkin and Sons Sweet Tip Raspberry.

The slice itself was delicious, which I assume is why I hear it is quite popular in the wonderful world of U.S.A. I recommend that you spread the peanut butter first to provide a secure foundation for the jam. Only a fool would attempt it the other way round and expect the sort of success you see in that there picture. It certainly tasted like success.

No comments:

Post a Comment