Friday 27 April 2012

Our 45th slice of toast - Orange rind

Orange rind on toast was a welcome addition to our toast topping challenge. Poor Tom was suffering from a cold… And I have a lot of respect for him, he did not whinge like the regular male in his situation and he did not contract the dreaded “Man Flu”. However the vitamin C rich topping came at a great time to help with his recovery process. After finishing the toast he enjoyed the rest of the orange. =]

Orange on toast was a weird combination, even with the addition of sugar we both found it quite bitter. I think we went a bit overboard on the application of the rind. The after taste however was a pleasant one. Tom has spoke previously about wearing facemasks after such toppings as smoked salmon and garlic. Having orangey breath was a nice change for once.

I have to say I don’t think I would have it again; I’d rather eat the toast and orange separately!

No comments:

Post a Comment