Thursday 17 May 2012

Our 61st slice of toast - Olives and feta cheese

Olives can be a pricey treat, though I do love them. I never used to though, mind. I tried some little blackn's in The Gambia when I was 6 and hated them. Now, since forcing them upon myself, I can't get enough and they are even making a regular appearance in Grace's life of late. We bought this fanciful little fruit from our local Co-Operative, in a small container consisting of both the green and black variety and already mixed with feta cheese and some sunflower oil.

I've had these boxes before and they show no hostility to the toast. A great slice with a Mediterranean feel that I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm not sure whether you could class Grace as being at the 'enjoyment' stage just yet, but by jove she is getting there.





We've even included a dramatic closeup for added expression.

I recently learned that feta cheese is made from a mixture of goat's cheese and sheep's cheese. That gives the littler grass munchers one over on the cows!

No comments:

Post a Comment