Tuesday 8 May 2012

Our 56th slice of toast - Hawaiian coconut spread

Here we have another home made homemade recipe, with a tropical twist. Neither Grace nor I have been to Hawaii, so couldn't tell you whether or not this is what it tastes like. But we can tell you that it has a crazy spelling. I present to you the ever complicated and precise recipe:

  • Cream cheese
  • Apricot jam
  • Flaked coconut

I mixed the cream cheese and jam until I found a well matched juxtaposition. I then added quite a lot of coconut - bordering on getting too much stuck in your teeth for a comfortable toast experience. Grace didn't feel that there was enough coconut taste, but I assured her she wouldn't have wanted more. Perhaps some coconut extract would have been a welcoming addition. But even then, we weren't convinced by the apricot and cream cheese flavours. It was generally quite rich and Grace found that she had overloaded her slice. We hope Hawaii doesn't taste like this, because that just doesn't sell it to us. We'll stick with thoughts of hula's and ukulele's.

No comments:

Post a Comment