Thursday 17 May 2012

Our 59th slice of toast - Put down egg


During Easter a few years back, I told my mother not to buy me a chocolate egg as I find that once I’ve started I will eat all the chocolate within my vicinity leaving myself feeling rather sick. So instead, she got me an ostrich egg. The following year was a selection of duck, quail, goose etc. And of all of them, chicken eggs tasted the best. So stick with them as there is no prize for egg adventure.

So we’re back with the egg, this time in the form of boiled egg. An easy thing to achieve by chucking some eggs in to a pan of boiling water and leave it for some time. And by chucking, I mean placing gently with a slotted spoon so not to burn your hands). You can even cook a batch for the week. I left mine for about 5 minutes, giving me a semi soft yolk. Personally, I’m not a big fan of overcooked hardboiled eggs, so this was good.

Grace really struggled with removing the shell from her egg and it almost became scrambled egg right there in her hands. She had some shell left in there once it finally made it on to the toast but she claimed this just adds to the crunch. The cold boiled egg worked well mashed down on some hot toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment