Monday 11 June 2012

Our 69th slice of toast - Cranberry sauce

I've been a lazy bean of late. It must have been over 2 weeks ago now that we had cranberry sauce on toast and i've only just gotten round to writing about it.

I find cranberry sauce an odd existence as it seems to be very much like a jam, but finds itself classed as a sauce. I've not looked in to it so i'll let it fly, but I would be intrigued to find cranberry jam. Perhaps Ocean Spray don't like jam? I'll let them off as they sure make the finest cranberry sauce.

As a toast topping, it is delicious. You probably don't need me telling you that the sauce is quite sweet as we've all had it with our turkey for Sunday roast (or any other roast). Turkey has a tendency to become quite dry without special care and attention so really it requires an excellent sauce to make up for that, for which Ocean Spray cranberry sauce doesn't disappoint. We didn't have turkey on the toast though. That'd would have been awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment