Monday 18 June 2012

Our 78th slice of toast - Mackerel

Grace was not looking forward to this.  I couldn't believe this.  Actually I could, but I felt like I shouldn't...

Fish is a fantastic way to kick start your metabolism in the morning helping you feel awake and active.  Some people find fish a little too much to handle first thing in the morning but it is certainly worth getting used to.  Mackerel is a quite dark oily fish and it is delicious.  Fresh is of course better, but you can get it in tins without bones and in either springwater, brine, tomato sauce or sunflower oil.  Our local Co-Operative only supplied the tomato sauce option.  They seem to have developed a habit of advertising a whole range of flavours for a product, but only stock 1 of them.  Highly unprofessional.

I love this slice and Grace was pleasantly surprised to find that she actually really enjoyed it too.  We recommend fish on toast for winning at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment