Monday 11 June 2012

Our 72nd slice of toast - Melted camembert

Camembert is a classic French cheese, originating in the Normandy region of the north. As a child I hated the soft creamy cheeses such as this and Brie. This didn't change when theme parks decided to start classing me as an adult for higher ticket prices either. Since, however, society pinned me as an Adult and demanded that I pay them each month for health care and pretty parks I have developed a love for these dairy produces.

Camembert makes for a great baked cheese especially when smeared on fresh bread with baked garlic gloves. Very French I know but who can deny them their culinary expertise? We didn't have baked garlic though. Our bread wasn't fresh either. In fact it was far from fresh and toasted, plus we didn't have an oven so we placed the cheese atop the toast and microwaved each slice to our desired level of melt. Grace at first thought it was under-melted, but I assured her that it would spread so very well once she pierced the skin it tends to form so readily. She was pleased. It was delicious. Tres bon.

No comments:

Post a Comment