Tuesday 26 June 2012

Our 82nd slice of toast - Apple jam & squeezy cheese

I've discussed squeezy cheese before (see our 77th slice of toast). Apple jam on the other hand - now thats new to me! I wasn't sure to expect. All I could consider was apple sauce and how that tastes ie rather un-jam-like. I found some in Sainsbury's, produces by Mammy Jamias. I hadn't heard of this brand either but I recognised the label and I love the catchy name. Its great.

The jam itself certainly differed from apple sauce. The apples were there, but completely drowned in sugar. Now thats a preserve. With squeezy cheese, this worked incredibly well! The cheese has quite a bland taste, as you would expect from something containing such small amounts of actual cheese. Instead, it seemed to add thickness to the jam and dampens the sweetness in a way I found quite excellent. Grace was a little confused by the cheeses absence, but thinks she enjoyed it! She certainly enjoyed drawing her cheese face, which she was dedicated enough to maintain throughout the consumption process.

No comments:

Post a Comment