Friday 30 March 2012

Our 21st slice of toast - Tomatoes

I love tomatoes, however you decide to pronounce them.  I thought everyone did until I sat there for lunch with 4 friends, to find that 3 of them didn't.  This wasn't just dislike either, this was hatred.  Our friend Kerry was disgusting that the only other sane tomato lover on the table accepted one from me to actually eat, whilst Grace screwed up in profound discomfort as she attempted to eat her very thinly sliced tomatoes on toast.  They were cut up so thin that only half an average sized tomato had been used.  Nevertheless, she finished her slice and was proud of it!  And I was proud of her too, despite my dismay.

So for tomato lovers, it goes very well with toast.  For tomato haters, just leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment